Research Scientist at Facebook, NY, USA.
Biography I earned my PhD in machine learning at Royal Holloway, University of London and at AT&T Research in Red Bank, NJ (advisors: Alex Gammerman, Volodya Vovk and Vladimir Vapnik) in 2000. From 2000 to 2001, I was a researcher at Biowulf technologies. From 2002 to 2003 I was a research scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Tuebingen, Germany. From 2003 to 2009 I was a research staff member at NEC Labs America, Princeton. From 2009 to 2014 I was a research scientist at Google, NY. [see full bio]
Current Research & Interests
- Learning with Reasoning, Attention and Memory.
- Tracking the World State with Recurrent Entity Networks. ICLR'17
- Key-Value Memory Networks for Directly Reading Documents. EMNLP'16
- The Goldilocks Principle: Reading Children's Books with Explicit Memory Representations. ICLR '16.
- End-To-End Memory Networks. NIPS '15.
- Memory Networks. ICLR '15.
- Reasoning, Attention, Memory (RAM) NIPS Workshop 2015.
- Learning Dialog.
- ParlAI: A Dialog Research Software Platform.
- Dialogue Learning With Human-in-the-Loop. ICLR'17
- Learning through Dialogue Interactions by Asking Questions. ICLR'17
- Learning End-to-End Goal-Oriented Dialog ICLR'17
- Dialog-based Language Learning. NIPS'16
- Evaluating Prerequisite Qualities for Learning End-to-End Dialog Systems. ICLR '16.
- Question Answering.
- Reading Wikipedia to Answer Open-Domain Questions. ACL '17.
- Towards AI-Complete Question Answering: A Set of Prerequisite Toy Tasks ICLR '16.
- Large Scale Ranking.